Saturday, November 18, 2006

Attack of the Killer Headache

Managed to get up at nine today, but my head was lagging behind desperately. I dithered around for a bit, then got myself down to the Maritime museum for a workshop on writing for TV. It would have been brilliant if I wasn’t so fuzzy-headed. Lesley Stewart was eccentric and engaging, Dan Sefton slightly quieter but just as intriguing.

They had a lovely bit of banter, doing their best not to dampen any illusions we had about the TV script writing industry. I already knew about the pit falls, but there were some things they highlighted that make a lot more sense now. It was good to pick up some tips from two successful scriptwriters; they were entertaining and thorough in their responses.

Still feeling fuzzy, I wondered out into the sunshine and headed for the gym. Did a half-assed workout, didn’t swim – too many kids. Came home and made a prawn korma, sorted my tummy and made me feel (nearly) a million dollars again. Out again tonight, with old uni friend Tamsin. No doubt it will be very messy again. Tamsin’s an Essex girl, so I’ll be expected to try and keep up with her…

No comments: