Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday- no longer a day of rest...

So much for Sundays being a day of rest. Although I admit to having a lie-in today, boy did I feel guilty for it and boy did I have a lot of work to do. I got very very drunk last night and have suffered. But the magnificent roast my boyfriend just cooked for me certainly got my stomach back in line. It was a fun night, actor Steve Mc Fadden was in Toast, much to our amusement. He was shorter than I'd expected and out with some quite dodgy looking chums. I have a funny opinion of celebrity spotting. I'd love to strike up a conversation but I am a) to nervous to approach and b) want to leave them alone because they get far too much attention as it is! I swear he looked at me when I left though...

Went for a relaxing swim, although it quickly turned a bit hairy when about half a dozen children filtered in. Luke and I vacated to the Jacuzzi which has beautiful views over the hotel's grounds and the sea beyond - bliss. We struggled to stay in the sauna longer than five minutes, both of us looking like over-cooked lobsters.

I really enjoyed writing my fairy tale story, a re-hash of 'Beauty and the Beast'. It turned quite dark, but that's OK because it's for an adult audience. It's all about corruption and greed. Beauty dies and her father dies of a broken heart after that. It would have been quite hard to stick to the original with the tone that I took to it. I enjoyed writing in this genre, having not breached it before, other than in reading. I also got the ground work done with my other assignment. It's not looking great, but I can improve on it tomorrow.

There are a number of competitions I'm desperate to enter, but I just don't know if I'll make the deadlines with everything else I've got to do. I'm signing off now, not because I've got nothing more to say, it's just that I need a break after being in front of this screen since twelve noon.

Tomorrow is the beginning of week 3 and it's going to be a good one...

No comments: